I. Topic: "Annual Medicaid Training"
Presenter: Janet Reznik, MS. ED. Program Director & Rozaliya Abramova, MS. CCC-SLP/TSSLD, Director of QA & Compliance
- Medicaid Compliance Policy-Revised
- Fraud Prevention Unit
- Medicaid Alerts
- Medicaid List of Disqualified Personnel
- Overview of Required by NYSDOH Paperwork
II. Topic: "Picky Eaters VS Problem Feeders in Relation to Speech & Overall Development"
Presenter: Rozaliya Abramova, MS. CCC-SLP/TSSLD, Director of QA & Compliance
- Why do we need to learn about feeding problems and feeding therapy?
- When and why do children become "picky" eaters?
- What can affect feeding?
- Medical/structural/physiological issues
- Oral-motor skills
- Child’s or parent’s influenced factors
- How is straw drinking like a weight lifting for the mouth and what is a proper way to drink from a straw?
- Is there a relationship between gut health and developmental delays and what are the current "trends" in dietary interventions?
- What can we do as professionals to help parents struggling with their children's feeding difficulties?
III. Topic: "Annual ABA Training" - For ABA providers only (6pm-7pm)
Presenter: Katarzyna Motylewicz, MS. ED., BCBA, NYS LBA, ABA Clinical Director
- Revised ABA Policy: New CPT codes for ABA and Team Meeting Services
- The Assessment of Basic Language and Learning Skills (ABLLS-R)
- Data Collection:
- ABC recording
- Direct observation: frequency, duration, latency, magnitude, topography
- Percentage and rate recording
- Interval recording and time sampling
- Line graphs: phases, data points, data trends
- Anecdotal recording / Data analysis
- Certification and licensing in ABA Field
||This is a MANDATORY training for all Active Providers. RSVP by 11/21/17.
We hope to see all of you as we will require to attend to continue service provision through Important Steps.
Please feel free to bring your outstanding including Nov. of 2017 Billing Invoices.
Please note that we will not accept billing for any dates as of Dec.1, 2017 during the in-service.
Please, RSVP by November 21, 2017 online,
via faxing the form attached (to 718-882-2117, Attn: Alexia Volynsky)
or emailing to Alexia@importantsteps.com